Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Pole to pole

There are cruises I would not want to be caught dead on -- like a Disney cruise for instance. But I must say that the 66-day north to south pole luxury cruise being offered by GLP Worldwide Expedition Travel and Tours has definitely piqued my interest.

According to their web site here's what you can expect: "Departing from Reykjavik, Iceland, you will cruise the waters of the Arctic, Atlantic, Caribbean, Pacific, and South Pole, before completing your journey in Ushuaia, the port capital of Tierra del Fuego, in Argentina."

Wow. And imagine how your boss will react when you try to take 66 days off.

The boat is not too huge - which I think is a bonus. Those massive several-thousand-passenger-floating-legionnaire's-disease ships don't do much for me.

The world cruise starts as low as $11,800 CDN (price includes all on-board meals). Price does not include airfare.

No comments: