Friday, March 16, 2007

My Pod

I love New York. An original thought, I know...but I really do love the Big Apple. (Just FULL of clichés today, I am)

So imagine how thrilled I was when I read in the Washington Post that there's a new Pod Hotel where you can get comfortable, high-tech accommodations starting at less than $110 a night. (Note: A quick search for one of the queen-sized rooms in October resulted in a rate of about $250)

The 347 rooms at the Pod Hotel (51st St. between Second and Third avenues) are about 100 square feet each but they come with an iPod dock, LCD televisions and free WiFi.

A quick browse through the swish web site uncovers trendy, albeit Spartan, decoration and a general sense of cleanliness. A definite plus.

I think I'd visit more often if I wasn't pressured into shelling out about $250 a night.

No comments: